The New Door Ambassadors Council is a passionate group of professionals committed to increasing awareness of New Door’s mission throughout the Bay Area.
Ambassador Council members are committed to utilizing their professional skills and networks to amplify New Door’s operational efficacy, community-building, and fundraising initiatives.
- Attending, evangelizing, and volunteering at New Door events and youth activities (skill-building workshops, tutoring, etc).
- Identifying, spearheading, and collaborating on new means of reaching more youth, partners, and donors (e.g., selfless celebrations, group in-kind donations, home fundraisers).
- Collaborating with Council leadership and New Door Staff to facilitate consistent, ongoing feedback.
The Council is committed to ensuring that all members have the resources and tools to succeed in furthering New Door’s mission, including:
- Access to workshops, materials, and coaching to learn the ins and outs of the organization and best practices on fundraising.
- Regular check-ins with council leadership and New Door Staff to facilitate consistent, ongoing feedback.
- Financial commitment: Members are expected to contribute at least $1,000 to New Door annually, with the expectation that >$500 comes through fundraising. On average, Ambassadors raise about $3000/year.
- Time Commitment: Members are encouraged to participate in as many New Door activities, meetings, and events as possible, with a time commitment averaging about one 1.5 hours a month and two youth activities a year.
- Terms: Members are asked to serve 1-year terms. There are no term limits.
For individuals with the desire to further their impact at New Door, we offer roles on Ambassador Council Committees. Current focus areas include volunteer training, job site readiness, professional development, and governance. Joining a committee provides the opportunity to directly influence New Door’s operations and enhance program efficiency.
Ready to become a New Door Ambassador? Email Mariah Goncharoff for more information and to receive an application.
New Door Ambassadors Council
Kathleen Vignos, Board LiaisonAlyssa Taylor, Council ChairRippleAlden SeaboltBlendAna MongaAndrew MattinglyTPGDerek LingBetterDevon DufauxHellman & Friedman, LLCGreg MatthewsAnacapa PartnersKristin HerzogConstellation BrandsMadelyn LemusHipcampMeital RosenbergHirsch & AssociatesMelissa RocqueApple/SNP CommunicationsMike ShweNashmeel SadjadiExelexisSabeeha IslamMunich Re VenturesSiobhan GuthriePwCTed MarschallRoute One Investment CompanyTerrell HolmesThe Good OrgTyler ConnollyGordon and Betty Moore Foundation