AmeriCorps VISTA Development and Marketing Coordinator
At New Door Ventures and our social enterprise businesses, we are always looking to meet people who are interested in helping young adults prepare for the modern workforce. If you want to be part of a high performing team that serves the greater good — both on a daily basis and over the long haul — we want to hear from you. New Door Ventures helps at-risk youth get ready for work and life. Through real opportunities to work and learn, we provide assistance to young people ages 16-24 who need support in making the increasingly difficult transition to adulthood. We provide youth with the meaningful jobs and training that they need to succeed in the workplace, and the personal support they need for the rest of life. We offer a comprehensive approach to helping youth succeed through:
- Paid Jobs- job internships in nonprofit businesses we own and community businesses/organizations with whom we partner.
- Job Readiness- Skill-building training in workshop settings with topics ranging from interviewing and resume writing to personal finance and nutrition.
- Supportive Community- Community-building activities that provide youth with a chance to lead, a chance to succeed and a chance to try something new.
- We also offer 1:1 support with highly skilled case managers.
As the Development and Marketing Coordinator, a typical day includes assisting the Marketing Manager and broader Development team with:
- Creating and implementing New Door’s marketing strategy, design, and volunteer outreach plan
- Coordinating volunteer events and communicating with participants
- Creating collateral and PowerPoints for outreach events
- Donor and partner prospect research
- On-site support and logistics management for fundraising and volunteer events
- Data management and tracking in Salesforce, including gift processing
- Planning and executing social media posts
- Supporting the development team on small and large-scale events, including the New Door Opportunity Awards
- Capturing compelling photos
- Interviewing youth and writing blogs about empowered experiences at New Door
- Identifying and executing unique ways to engage community and donors
- Assist as needed with communications projects for institutional donors, including event sponsors
Go to the opportunity listing and complete the AmeriCorps VISTA application process.