At New Door Ventures and our social enterprise businesses we are always looking to meet people who are interested in helping young adults prepare for the modern workforce. If you want to be part of a high performing team that serves the greater good -- both on a daily basis and over the long haul -- we want to hear from you. If you are interested in future opportunities with New Door Ventures or want to apply for a current, posted position, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
New Door Ventures prepares disconnected youth for work and life by providing meaningful paid jobs, individualized case management, skill and job training workshops and educational support. We provide job internships through over 50 partnering businesses and our two social enterprises, Ashbury Images and Pedal Revolution. Our ultimate goal is that youth leave the path of disconnection and make a successful transition to an adulthood marked by sustained employment and positive engagement with their community.
New Door Ventures was founded as Golden Gate Community, Inc. in 1981 by a Christian faith community that desired to provide compassionate service to San Francisco’s homeless. New Door has grown and changed through the years, but the desire to find creative and relational ways to give a hand-up rather than a hand-out remains deeply ingrained in our culture and continues to inform the way we approach our work. The organization is sustained through social enterprise revenues, individual donations and private and public grants.
New Door is looking for a top-notch Chief Development Officer (CDO) to keep growing its revenues and programs, in cooperation with our active, fundraising board; CEO; and a team of six. The CDO provides leadership to the organization’s efforts to obtain financial and other support to sustain its work immediately and for the long term, in cooperation with our active, fundraising board and CEO.
The successful candidate is a proven leader with demonstrated results. S/he will have led teams and made personal asks that have generated at least $3M in annual philanthropic support from individual donors, private foundations and the public sector. S/he will have the proactive drive and infectious enthusiasm that will motivate individuals to support New Door and will motivate staff, board of directors and volunteers to achieve their development-related goals.
The CDO is responsible for the planning, execution and evaluation of all fundraising and external communications. S/he will: develop overall fundraising and communications strategy; set department goals and design fundraising programs with others; manage, support and train staff; share leadership of the Board’s Development Committee with the committee chair(s); personally cultivate and solicit major donors and funders; stay current with industry trends and opportunities; and model being an effective ambassador for the organization.
This position reports to the CEO and is a member of the senior leadership team. In addition to leading the Development function, this individual is also expected to contribute to the leadership of the entire organization both operationally and strategically, and to frequently participate in board meetings.
Responsibilities of the Chief Development Officer
Talent Resourcing and Development:
Planning and Evaluation:
Public, Foundation & Corporate Grants
Major Gifts (Individuals and Family Foundations)
Development Committee and/or Event Committee
Marketing and Events
Program Impact, Volunteers, Other
Compensation: Salary begins at $100K and will be competitive based on experience and past results. Benefits are attractive compared with nonprofits of a similar size.
To Apply: Submit Resume and Cover Letter
Contact: For questions or referrals please email firstname.lastname@example.org and include "Chief Development Officer question/referral" in the subject line.
Location: 3221 20th St. San Francisco, CA
Pedal Revolution, a San Francisco nonprofit bicycle shop, is looking for a part-time salesperson to join our team.
Skills and requirements:
Commensurate with experience and includes commissions on sales.
If you'd like to check out the shop feel free to visit, but we'd prefer to meet you after reviewing your resume and cover letter that tells us why you'd be a great match for our unique bike shop. Email your resume to Jonathan at email@example.com and let us know why you think you'd be a great addition to our team. In addition to your work history or resume, please submit professional, experience-related references and wage requirements. The ideal candidate will demonstrate empathy for the students and seek to inspire and motivate them to be their best and advocate passionately to make a significant impact on New Door Ventures and the lives of disconnected youth in San Francisco.
Pedal Revolution, a San Francisco nonprofit bicycle shop, is looking for a part-time bike mechanic to join our team.
Reports to: General Manager
Required Experience and Skills: Minimum 3 - 5 years in a professional bicycle service department, with excellent diagnostic and productive mechanical skills. Strong sales and customer service orientation a must. Must demonstrate excellent communication and teaching skills. This position is responsible for overseeing the service department's daily duties and helps to train interns as well as other staff members. Mechanic must be proficient in fixing new as well older and vintage bicycles quickly, competently, and creatively for service and resale.Responsibilities: Growing Pedal Revolution by being a leader in all areas. Be a productive part of day-to-day operation of a busy, full service repair and service department as well as contributing to the needs of the sales floor, including (but not limited to):
If you'd like to check out the shop feel free to visit, but we'd prefer to meet you after reviewing your resume and cover letter that tells us why you'd be a great match for our unique bike shop. Email your resume to Jonathan at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know why you think you'd be a great addition to our team. In addition to your work history or resume, please submit professional, experience-related references and wage requirements. The ideal candidate will demonstrate empathy for the students and seek to inspire and motivate them to be their best and advocate passionately to make a significant impact on New Door Ventures and the lives of disconnected youth in San Francisco
Ashbury Images is seeking a full time screen printer in which a variety of screen printing production skills are required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Screen Preparation: pin-holing/blocking out screens prior to production; taping screens prior to production.
• Press Setup: reading/understanding work orders; quick/efficient press setup of both single and multi-color registration jobs on both the manual and automatic presses; choosing proper print order; determining flash curing vs. wet-on-wet printing; choosing proper inks and squeegees; understanding the placement of the print on a shirt; and recognizing the different ink types, i.e. maxopaque vs. ultrasoft vs. process, etc.
• Printing: pulling the squeegee at the proper angle/speed for a given effect/print; troubleshooting issues of coverage and registration; flash cure methods; printing on various substrates, i.e. t-shirts, sweatshirts, etc.; catching pin-holes and other print flaws quickly; doing basic touch-ups and adjusting registration if needed; judging misprints; loading shirts accurately; and getting approval of test prints prior to production runs. Running the automatic press efficiently and at the specified print rate.
• Press Tear-Down: quick/efficient tear-down of presses after job completion; cleaning presses and print areas on a daily basis; and maintaining presses on a daily basis.
• Organization/Training: maintaining a clean, organized department on a daily basis; making efficient use of down time; training new or existing employees in department; and helping in other areas on the production floor where assistance is needed.
• Pantone Ink Mixing: mixing inks for specific jobs based on work order and art specifications.
• Following Production Schedule: Daily Production Schedule must be followed exactly to specifications given by Production Manager and/or General Manager.
• Initiative/Self-Reliance: self motivated in the approach to his/her duties from the complex to the mundane. Takes initiative in finding work during down time, cleaning where/when needed, asking questions, etc.
• Reliability: reports to work promptly, works full shift, demonstrates consistency and good work habits.
• Attitude: positive and enthusiastic, learns from constructive criticism, turns frustrations into strategies.
• Relationships with Other Employees: promotes a positive work environment, deals directly with conflict.
Hours and Scheduling:
The Screen Printer is a temporary, non-exempt position. Work hours are expected to be Monday-Friday 4:30pm until the work is complete, or 12:30am, whichever comes first. No overtime.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume to Jonathan at email@example.com and let us know why you think you'd be a great addition to our team. In addition to your work history or resume, please submit professional, experience-related references and wage requirements.
New Door not only offers salaries that are very competitive among non-profits here in the Bay Area, we also offer: