AmeriCorps VISTA Program Analyst/Operations Coordinator
New Door is experiencing great growth and recognition on the national level for our innovative and successful approach to youth employment. We pride ourselves on our dynamic and vibrant work environment, and we are seeking an individual to help nurture and cultivate these values among our staff and clients. This is a great opportunity for someone who wants to work in a flexible, entrepreneurial organization with seasoned leaders who have a passion for both business and social mission. The position provides the opportunity to gain an inside look at the day to day operations of a thriving nonprofit.
AmeriCorps VISTA, Program Analyst/Operations Coordinator – New Door Ventures’ Learning and Evaluation Department works to improve key processes and procedures to increase the overall organization’s ability to serve more youth with training and internships. The Program Analyst and Operations VISTA will support the youth development program by assessing, establishing, and strengthening the data and evaluation structures relating to program operations, outreach, and client youth feedback for all of New Door Ventures programs and its two social enterprises: Ashbury Images and Pedal Revolution. This position is an AmeriCorps VISTA service project. See below for more details about the AmeriCorps VISTA program
New Door is a data-centric organization with a stellar track record of growth and positive social outcomes. The current annual operating budget is approximately $6 million of which 50 percent is contributed. In 2014, New Door surpassed all goals for its four-year $13 million integrated fundraising campaign raising $14.7 million to purchase a larger facility, expand current programs, and invest in the start-up of new programs and social enterprises.
As the Business Development AmeriCorps VISTA, a typical day might include the following:
- Support data collection and analysis procedures for our learning and evaluation functions and the Director of Learning and Evaluation.
- This analysis will assist in creating recommendations to grow and improve our youth development programs and social enterprises and create more internships for our youth population.
- Assess and evaluate key business and program performance measures. Propose and implement process improvements where appropriate.
- Self-starter and relatively self-managed; takes initiative to learn and ask for help when needed.
- Possesses high attention to detail and high level of organizational and administration strength- able to develop systems of organization with minimal direction
- Able to identify opportunities, prioritize and execute with minimal direction
- Ability to track deliverables and details
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Proficiency with all Microsoft Office, especially Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Creativity, flexibility and adaptability in a highly dynamic and unstructured environment
- Interest or passion in supporting urban youth and/or workforce development
- Preferred, but not required – Degree in business or marketing or equivalent experience
This is an AmeriCorps VISTA opportunity to spend one year serving full-time to make a difference. For a full list of the benefits of service go to https://www.vistacampus.gov/in-service/benefits-service