AmeriCorps VISTA Business Partnerships Coordinator
New Door is experiencing great growth and recognition on the national level for our innovative and successful approach to youth employment. We pride ourselves on our dynamic and vibrant work environment, and we are seeking an individual to help nurture and cultivate these values among our staff and clients. This is a great opportunity for someone who wants to work in a flexible, entrepreneurial organization with seasoned leaders who have a passion for both business and social mission. The position provides the opportunity to gain an inside look at the day to day operations of a thriving nonprofit.
Essential to serving more youth, New Door seeks to create systems and strategies for developing, retaining, and supporting employment partners. The Business Partnerships VISTA will assist by improving systems for relationship-building within the broader Bay Area community, especially the business community. The VISTA will track data of our progress, develop communication strategies, and generate new leads for partnership. This position reports to the Business Partnerships Manager but works in a highly collaborative and cross-functional team environment. The VISTA will often work with the Youth Development, Evaluation and Learning, and Development teams at New Door.
New Door is a data-centric organization with a stellar track record of growth and positive social outcomes. The current annual operating budget is approximately $6 million of which 50 percent is contributed. In 2014, New Door surpassed all goals for its four-year $13 million integrated fundraising campaign raising $14.7 million to purchase a larger facility, expand current programs, and invest in the start-up of new programs and social enterprises.
As the Business Partnerships AmeriCorps VISTA, a typical day might include the following:
- Research demographic trends in San Francisco, Bay Area, and nationally based on target and service populations
- Understand current pool of Ally businesses, including industry, company size, age, capacity, supervisor capacity, location, and etc. and ways to expand and retain partnerships
- Work with current referral partners to assess possible expansion and review current strengths and weaknesses of referral process
- Create schedule for partnership development, assess staff time, and discover opportunities to engage volunteers and/or youth in practices
- Participate in broad organizational initiatives to represent and advocate for the needs of youth, as well as promote the field of youth employment and youth development
- Support New Door business managers in the development of youth as capable employees in the agency businesses
- At least two years relevant experience in a nonprofit organization.
- Four year degree in relevant field.
- Self-starter and relatively self-managed; takes initiative to learn and ask for help when needed.
- Possesses high attention to detail and high level of organizational and administration strength- able to develop systems of organization with minimal direction
- Ability to track deliverables and details
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Proficiency with all Microsoft Office apps and Publisher, especially Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Creativity, flexibility and adaptability – able to create a structure and process around new tasks or projects that have not been done before.
This is an AmeriCorps VISTA opportunity to spend one year serving full-time to make a difference. For a full list of the benefits of service go to https://www.vistacampus.gov/in-service/benefits-service