Youth Development Specialist - San Francisco
- Case Management Support (caseload of 8-10 Transitional Age Youth)
- Workshop Facilitation
- Job Training and Skill Development
- Program Design, Implementation and Evaluation
- Relational and Organizational Support
- Community Outreach and External Relationship Management
- Case Notes and Documentation
- Youth-centered Activities Coordination
- Preferred Qualifications and Skills:
- 2+ year’s experience in direct service to Transitional Aged, disconnected youth populations, preferably in a youth employment program
- Demonstrated excellence in youth development philosophy, skills and practice
- Outstanding facilitation and presentation skills
- Experience with and enjoyment of 1:1 case management; excellent interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage, inspire, and instruct young adults (ages 17-24)
- Knowledge of San Francisco, Alameda, and/or Contra Costa County Transitional Age Youth population needs, available resources, and a network within similar community-based organizations
- Relationship building skills
- Agility and flexibility; successful work history within a scaling organization
- Self-motivated, comfortable with both independent and collaborative processes
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in a related field or its equivalent
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) and database user skills
- Touch typing
- Understanding of case notes and/or documentation
- Task and Client Management
- Focus on Impact and Effectiveness
- Interpersonal Skills
- Initiative, Learning, and Decision-making
Youth Development Specialists at New Door Ventures earn from the mid to high $40’s annually dependent on experience. New Door offers a generous benefit package including: medical, dental, vision, matched 403(b) retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement, 13 vacation days per year, commuter benefits, and 11 company holidays per year.
New Door Ventures challenges staff professionally and provides ample professional development opportunities and on-the-job growth. Youth Development Specialists have a direct and significant impact on the lives of program participants, ensuring they receive the highest quality, most relevant work and life skill experience. New Door culture is stimulating and motivating, populated with dedicated, intelligent staff and a strong, established leadership team.
New Door Ventures is a safe space for all, regardless of race, gender, sexuality, country of origin, religion, or ability. Candidates from diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply. New Door Ventures is a 501(c)3 community-serving nonprofit and an Equal Opportunity Employer that strives to have a diverse team representative of the young people it serves.
How to Apply: Please send your resume and a thoughtful cover letter letting us know why you think you’d be a great addition to our team. Please include YDS, San Francisco in the subject line and email the resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org Submissions sent without a cover letter will not be considered.