Program Operations Coordinator- San Francisco
About the Organization:
80,000 youth ages 16-24 in the San Francisco Bay Area are disconnected from employment and education. Without connecting to school and work, these young people are at high risk to be poor, unemployed, homeless, or incarcerated throughout their adult lives. All youth should have the opportunity to transition to a fulfilling, economically sustainable adulthood.
At New Door Ventures, we believe youth are assets. To connect young people to paid jobs and support, we offer two programs: Employment and Education, in two Bay Area regions: San Francisco, and the East Bay. We are currently seeking a San Francisco Programs Operations Coordinator to join our collaborative, committed Youth Development staff
About the Program:
New Door clients represent a population of under-served youth in San Francisco and Alameda County. A typical client profile has a combination of critical risk factors: a background in foster care, justice system involvement, significant substance abuse histories, experience of homelessness, connection with gang activity, and lack of positive adult supports.
New Door has a vibrant team approach to our work with transitional age youth. The program includes job training, individual case management and support to a young person, and participation in the broader Bay Area youth employment community. New Door emphasizes an outcome-focused approach to youth development and places high value on the power of relationships to transform the lives of the young people we serve.
The Program Operations Coordinator is a vital role on the San Francisco team with work in three key areas: Youth Intake, Outreach, and Program Operations, including support managing our OEWD Youth Access Point grant. The ideal candidate will share our commitment to personal integrity and advancing equity.
About the Position:
Under the supervision of the San Francisco Program Director, the Program Operations Coordinator (“Coordinator”) oversees processes for youth participant outreach, enrollment and day to day program logistics. This includes client intake paperwork organization, office supply and snack inventory and ordering, oversight of client profile creation in New Door’s case management database (Apricot) and supporting both organizational and youth outreach events.
This position also manages enrollment of transition-aged (16-24) youth clients in the New Door Ventures Youth Access Point Program (YAPP). The YAPP is funded by San Francisco’s Department of Economic and Workforce Development and work includes administrative support, leadership, and coordination required to successfully meet the goals of New Door’s YAPP services. The Coordinator is responsible for determining client eligibility, assessing client needs, facilitating paperwork and records, and providing services in accordance with the YAPP contract. The ideal candidate will share our commitment to personal integrity and the advancement of equity.
- Lead program information sessions on a scheduled basis
- Develop and implement internal processes for identifying, enrolling, and following-up with youth that meet required selection factors
- Support individuals who meet program criteria to move through the intake phase and be considered for program enrollment
- Provide basic career services including initial assessment to determine the needs of the client
- Data Management
- Training materials preparation
- Maintain case files with proper verifications and service documentation
- Submit quarterly performance reports
- As lead staff for the Youth Access Point Program
- Assist in recruiting participants, providing program information, and initiating the intake processes
- Act as primary liaison to San Francisco’s Office of Economic and Workforce Development department
- Create client-story content to meet regular grant reporting requirements to the Office of Economic and Workforce Development
- Ensure all intake information is documented in Apricot database
- Complete special projects and assist with special events (youth outreach events, program graduations, annual celebration of gratitude)
- Organize and distribute intake paperwork; liaise with HR and payroll to ensure timely and correct paycheck delivery
- Program supply and snack management
- Serve on internal task groups as requested
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in a related area to social services or its equivalent
- 1-3 years of experience with project management, young people, and / or program organization
- Experience working with Transitional Aged Youth, or youth facing barriers to employment and education (case management experience preferred)
- Demonstrated ability to manage, inspire, and instruct young adults (ages 16-24)
- Ability to use appropriate computer and reporting systems including Windows operating system, Microsoft Office Suite, and Outlook
- Data management experience and strong Excel skills
- Knowledge of, and experience in, providing written reports on outcomes to government funders
- Desired, but not required: Bilingual language capabilities, preferably Spanish
Program Coordinators at New Door Ventures earn from the high $40’s annually dependent on experience. New Door offers a generous benefit package including: medical, dental, vision, matched 403(b) retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement, 13 vacation days per year, commuter benefits, and 11 company holidays per year.
New Door Ventures challenges staff professionally and provides ample professional development opportunities and on-the-job growth. New Door culture is stimulating and motivating, populated with dedicated, intelligent staff and a strong, established leadership team.
New Door Ventures is a safe space for all, regardless of race, gender, sexuality, country of origin, religion, or ability. Candidates from diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply. New Door Ventures is a 501(c)3 community-serving nonprofit and an Equal Opportunity Employer that strives to have a diverse team representative of the young people it serves.
How to Apply
Please send your resume and a thoughtful cover letter letting us know why you think you’d be a great addition to our team. Please include: San Francisco Program Coordinator in the subject line and email the resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
**Submissions sent without a cover letter will not be considered.