Educate and inspire disconnected youth
New Door is always looking for Bay Area professionals interested in providing their expertise, feedback, and support by working directly with our young people at skill-building, volunteer-powered workshops.
Volunteers are integral to the success of New Door’s high-impact Employment Program. You’ll help youth learn new skills, gain confidence and make progress toward a successful, independent adulthood. Email Heather for more information.
Volunteer workshops take place between 1:30 p.m. and 5:00 p.m. on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays in San Francisco, Oakland and Hayward and last approximately two hours.
Get involved today
If you’re a professional living in the Bay Area who’s older than 24 and ready to make a difference in their community, we’d love to have you volunteer with us in San Francisco (3221 20th Street), Oakland (First Place for Youth and Dewey Academy), and Hayward (Side by Side- formerly Bay Area Youth Center).
Upcoming Volunteer Opportunities
- Dec. 27, 3:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. Resume Workshop in San Francisco
- Jan. 24, 1:40 p.m. – 3:40 p.m. Career Round Table in Oakland (Dewey Academy)
- Jan. 31, 1:40 p.m. – 3:40 p.m. Resume Workshop in Oakland (Dewey Academy)
- Feb. 7, 1:40 p.m. – 3:40 p.m. Mock Interviews in Oakland (Dewey Academy)
- Feb. 13, 3:45 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. Career Round Table in San Francisco
- March 20, 3:45 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. Career Round Table in San Francisco
- April 24, 3:45 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. Career Round Table in San Francisco
Get your team involved
New Door welcomes corporate teams, office groups, service organizations, alumni groups, associations, and religious organizations to participate in workshops. We’re also happy to provide volunteer opportunities to groups who are interested in supporting the organization in additional ways.