The New Door Ambassadors Council is a passionate group of professionals committed to increasing awareness of New Door’s mission throughout the Bay Area. Ambassador Council members are committed to utilizing their professional skills and networks to amplify New Door’s operational efficacy, community-building, and fundraising initiatives.
- Service: Consistently attend, evangel, and volunteer at New Door events and youth activities (skill-building workshops, tutoring, etc) on a regular cadence.
- Leadership: Spearhead and collaborate on new means of reaching more youth, partners, and donors (e.g., selfless celebrations, group in-kind donations, home fundraisers).
- Teamwork: Collaborate with Council leadership, fellow council members, and New Door Ventures’ staff to facilitate consistent, ongoing feedback.
- Functional expertise: Drive positive results within your committee demonstrating strong technical proficiencies and knowledge in your committee’s area of expertise.
- Creativity & Innovation: Generate novel ideas and develop or improve existing and new systems that challenges the status quo, takes risks, and encourages innovation.
The Council is committed to ensuring that all members have the resources and tools to succeed in furthering New Door’s mission, including access to workshops, materials, and coaching to learn the ins and outs of the organization and best practices on fundraising. Regular check-ins with council leadership and New Door Staff to facilitate consistent, ongoing feedback.
- Financial commitment: Members are expected to contribute at least $1,000 to New Door annually, with the expectation that >$500 comes through fundraising. On average, Ambassadors raise about $3000/year.
- Time Commitment: Members are encouraged to participate in as many New Door activities, meetings, and events as possible, with a time commitment averaging about 1.5 hours a month and at least one youth-related activity per year.
- Terms: Members are asked to serve 1-year terms. There are no term limits.
Ready to become a New Door Ambassador? Email us for more information and to receive an application.
New Door Ambassadors Council
- Kathleen Vignos, Board LiaisonAlyssa TaylorRecharge PaymentsAlden SeaboltBlendAndrew JitratanajindaTop Tier Capital PartnersAndrew MattinglyTPGAudrey CrouseOrange Coast CollegeChihuei LiuPlaidEvan AkbariBlendGreg MatthewsAnacapa PartnersLillian ChenBlue Shield of CaliforniaLillian SeuVir BiotechnologyJohn DesmondCuratedKevin IthDialpadMeital RosenbergHirsch & AssociatesMike ShweRafikah HalimSabeeha IslamMunich Re VenturesShalinee ThakurIndependent ConsultantTerrell HolmesThe Good OrgTyler ConnollyGordon and Betty Moore Foundation