AmeriCorps VISTA Social Enterprise Marketing Coordinator
New Door is a data-centric organization with a stellar track record of growth and positive social outcomes. The current annual operating budget is approximately $6 million of which 50 percent is contributed. In 2014, New Door surpassed all goals for its four-year $13 million integrated fundraising campaign raising $14.7 million to purchase a larger facility, expand current programs, and invest in the start-up of new programs and social enterprises.
As the Social Enterprise Marketing Coordinator AmeriCorps VISTA, a typical day might include the following:
- Assess and evaluate marketing needs, processes, budgets and document. Implement the approved processes and report ROI
- Observe and document marketing needs and processes at Pedal Revolution.
- Write social media posts for Pedal Revolution and Ashbury Images.
- Create marketing plans and budgets for Pedal Revolution and Ashbury Images.
- Determine ROI on marketing spend vs customer retention and new sales at Pedal Revolution and Ashbury Images
- Support product and marketing research for the social enterprises
- Research and document various aspects of competitors — their products as well as their marketing campaigns. Support preparation of strategic product/market analysis vs what our social enterprises are doing
- Analyze current products/branding of each social enterprise through surveys, market research and social media. Contribute recommendations to the marketing strategy for growth and improved market reach
- At least two years relevant experience in a nonprofit organization.
- Four year degree in relevant field.
- Self-starter and relatively self-managed; takes initiative to learn and ask for help when needed.
- Possesses high attention to detail and high level of organizational and administration strength- able to develop systems of organization with minimal direction
- Ability to track deliverables and details
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Proficiency with all Microsoft Office apps and Publisher, especially Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Creativity, flexibility and adaptability – able to create a structure and process around new tasks or projects that have not been done before.
This is an AmeriCorps VISTA opportunity to spend one year serving full-time to make a difference. For a full list of the benefits of service go to https://www.vistacampus.gov/in-service/benefits-service