About the Organization:
In the San Francisco Bay Area, there are over 80,000 youth aged 16-24 who are disconnected from the education, employment, and social support they need to successfully transition to adulthood.
Founded in 1981, New Door Ventures was borne out of the belief that by providing resources for youth to build foundational education and job skills, personal support, mentorship, and pathways to higher education and career opportunities, these young people can experience greater economic opportunity and stability in independent adulthood.
In 2019, we placed 319 youth through our employment programs. We’ve identified that one of the biggest challenges for youth is connecting their education to a career, and the criticality of helping them uncover their passion and motivations to find their “why?” so they can do their best work. Over the course of the last year, we’ve received consistent feedback that continued support is essential for their success as they transition to independent adulthood.
Following years of unprecedented growth, New Door was able to pivot quickly, rising to the challenges of COVID-19 business restrictions, and continue to provide individualized, remote services to each enrolled young person. Piloting new growth in virtual internships and tech support (including implementing a tech library for youth) New Door continues to not only respond to demand, but to provide best-in-class services, while remaining poised for expansion.
In order to meet this need, we’re excited to announce that we’re hiring a Chief Program Officer.
Who We’re Hiring:
To put it simply, our programs are the heart and soul of our organization and the main reason youth are drawn to New Door Ventures. The Chief Program Officer role is an entrepreneurial position for a charismatic leader to leverage their background as an innovator in program implementation and the development of high performing teams to take us to the next level. We’re looking for someone who has an infectious enthusiasm for bringing economic and social mobility to underserved populations in the Bay Area.
While you’ll be asked to work primarily from our San Francisco headquarters location (we’re located in the Mission), we’ll ask that you travel to visit employer program sites and New Door community partners in Alameda and San Francisco Counties.
What Succes Looks Like:
- Chief Program Officer leads in the development and execution of OKR’s and strategic vision for organization
- Create alignment across our San Francisco and Oakland programs to ensure practices and services are codified and implemented with fidelity to the NDV model
- Leads a program team that embodies collaborative, entrepreneurial and innovative mindset
- Build and manage a high performing team of Program Directors, Program Managers, and Business Partners
- Able to gather, assess, and distill data from disparate sources and develop actionable insights and a strategic direction for New Door moving forward
- Develop sustainable and successful partnerships with a variety of stakeholders – alumni, fellow CBOs, city colleges, employers, PD facilitators, volunteers, mentors
Preferred Qualifications & Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in a related area to social services or its equivalent
- 5+ years of experience building and managing high performing teams
- 10+ years of experience with program creation, project management, young people, and / or program organization
- Inspirational leader who has exceptional interpersonal and relationship-building abilities
- An organized and strategic thinker who is comfortable with oversight and project management and holds a high attention to detail
- Demonstrable knowledge in conflict resolution and restorative practices
- A self-starter with strong problem-solving skills
- Experience working with Transitional Aged Youth, or youth facing barriers to employment and education (case management experience preferred)
- Ability to use appropriate computer and reporting systems including Windows operating system, Microsoft Office Suite, and Outlook (Apricot or Salesforce knowledge a plus)
- Data management experience and strong Excel skills
- Knowledge of, and experience in, providing written reports on outcomes to government funders
- Desired, but not required: Bilingual language capabilities, preferably Spanish
The successful candidate will earn from $120K-$130K annually dependent on experience. New Door offers a generous benefit package including: medical, dental, vision, matched 403(b) retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement, 13 vacation days per year, commuter benefits, and 11 company holidays per year.
New Door Ventures challenges staff professionally and provides ample professional development opportunities and on-the-job growth. New Door culture is stimulating and motivating, populated with dedicated, intelligent staff and a strong, established leadership team.
New Door Ventures is a safe space for all, regardless of race, gender, sexuality, country of origin, religion, or ability. Candidates from diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply. New Door Ventures is a 501(c)3 community-serving nonprofit and an Equal Opportunity Employer that strives to have a diverse team representative of the young people it serves.
How to Apply: Please send your resume and a thoughtful cover letter letting us know why you think you’d be a great addition to our team. Please include Chief Program Officer Opportunity in the subject line and email the resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
**Submissions sent without a cover letter will not be considered**