Human Resources Manager
The Human Resources Manager informs and executes key aspects of New Door Ventures’ strategy, ensuring that organization practices, policies and activities support and develop the effectiveness of the members of the New Door Ventures Team.
Our ideal candidate will be skilled in managing compensation, benefits, recognition, training, performance management and employee relations in a manner that retains staff members long-term and makes New Door Ventures a great place to work. We are proud of the increasing diversity in our workforce, and our Human Resources Manager is tasked with ensuring that our organization is inclusive, welcomes a diverse population and supports each person in achieving career goals within the organization.
This is a hands-on leadership role requiring a balance of tactical and strategic abilities. Top candidates will be able to execute and enforce policies, ensure legal compliance, keep excellent records and effectively support individual staff members. They will also be able to develop HR initiatives that support the organization’s goals and bring the HR perspective to the development and execution of organizational strategy.
Essential Job Functions
Compensation and Benefits
- Leads and ensures best practices in compensation, benefits, health/wellness, and retirement programs for the organization.
- Recommends and implements organization compensation philosophy as a framework for compensation and benefits decision-making.
- Develops and maintains compensation ranges and classifications; provides compensation and classification analyses; conducts market analysis and pay surveys.
- Collaborates with managers in developing and executing employee incentives as a part of total compensation.
- Oversees payroll administration. Manages relationship with the organization’s outsourced payroll company (currently ADP).
- Recommends the organization’s benefits strategy including plan design, redesign, and premium rate setting.
- Manages the company’s benefit plans including recommendation of benefits providers, ongoing relationships with benefits providers.
- Facilitates resolution of employee benefit-related issues–billing errors, coverage disputes, etc.—with support from the benefits provider.
- Manages the employee hiring process to include ad placement, screening applicants, interviewing, testing.
- Ensures a diverse and qualified candidate pool.
- Manages relationships with recruitment firms as needed.
- Reviews and approves all offer letters.
- Oversees employee onboarding, providing initial onboarding and ensuring supervisor completion of job-specific onboarding.
Employee Relations and Retention
- Leads and recommends efforts to enhance diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace including policies and practices, creating diverse hiring pools, training.
- Works with all staff to ensure a culture that reflects organizational values and promotes employee satisfaction and retention. Recommends and leads initiatives to achieve this end.
- Intervenes in employee conflicts providing coaching and resolution support.
- Gathers employee feedback through surveys, exit interviews and other means.
- Supports change management efforts.
- Leads best-practice employee life-cycle programs including recruiting, onboarding, training, development, performance coaching, and termination.
- Recommends and leads employee retention initiatives including recognition activities.
Professional Development and Performance Management
- Approves all job descriptions; reviews and rewrites job descriptions to be pertinent and current to duties performed.
- Administers the performance management system, ensuring consistency, quality and timeliness of employee performance reviews.
- Supports supervisors in performance management activities.
- Recommends and implements professional development policies.
- Supports supervisors and employees in identifying and engaging in professional development activities.
- Creates and implements leadership development activities and initiatives.
- Oversees and supports the design, development, and implementation of training and development programs to address organizational training needs.
HR and Organizational Strategy
- Works closely with the COO and Leadership Team to develop and execute effective HR strategies.
- Supports organizational development services such as team building, succession planning, and change management.
- Supports talent development strategy.
- Capable of compiling and analyzing employment data to guide strategic planning.
Policies and Compliance
- Administers HR policies and procedures including researching and writing HR policies that reflect current regulatory requirements as well as providing interpretation and coaching on policies and procedures.
- Advises managers on implementation of HR policies and legal compliance; educates all staff on HR policies and legal compliance
- Ensures pay and benefit practices are compliant with laws and regulations.
- Conducts and documents employee investigations as required by policy and best practice, engaging external support as necessary.
- Engages organization’s pro bono HR legal counsel as appropriate.
- Represents company interests during unemployment and worker’s compensation investigations.
- Stays abreast of new laws for both state and federal laws concerning healthcare, employee rights, etc.
- Oversees workers’ compensation program, claims initiation and management; informs the selection of workers’ compensation insurance.
- Oversees employee safety program and initiatives. Reports on safety to include but not limited to OSHA reporting.
- BS/BA Degree required, preferably in HR or related field.
- Minimum 3 years strong HR operational experience, i.e. payroll, worker’s compensation, HRIS, staffing.
- High degree of confidentiality, professionalism, and emotional maturity.
- Ability to exert direct and indirect influence.
- Ability to exercise sound, independent judgment within organizational guidelines.
- Strong coaching skills.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize assignments and meet deadlines.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented.
- Excellent computer skills: MS Office Suite with high level of proficiency in Excel and Word.
- PHR, SPHR, SHRM-CP, or SHRM-SCP is a plus.
- Familiarity with ADP Workforce Now a plus.
- Experience working with a large non-exempt workforce is a plus.
The compensation range for this position is $60k to $75k DOE along with our generous benefits.
How to Apply
New Door Ventures is a safe space for all, regardless of race, gender, sexuality, country of origin, religion, or ability. Candidates from a diversity of backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply. New Door Ventures is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Please send your resume and a thoughtful cover letter letting us know why you think you’d be a great addition to our team. Please include salary expectations in your cover letter. Submissions sent without a cover letter will not be considered. Email the resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the position to which you are applying in the subject line.
Note: Applications will be reviewed as they are submitted. Due to the volume of inquiries that we receive we are not able to respond personally to every resume. We do review every submission carefully and will contact those that we would like to bring in for an interview.