Screen Printer at Ashbury Images
This is an opportunity to be part of a long-time San Francisco business, play a role in changing lives, earn a good wage and receive some of the best benefits in the industry (see below).
Ashbury Images, a nationally recognized San Francisco based social enterprise of New Door Ventures, has been serving customers for three decades and we’re in the market for an experienced Screen Printer. In addition to being a successful business, we also employ over 30 disconnected youth per year in internships. As a screen printer you’ll be an integral part of the business, responsible for printing high quality products at a high rate. You also have the chance to teach our interns aspects of the screen printing trade.
Some key responsibilities:
- Produce a high quality product at a high production rate
- Complete all aspects of the print jobs assigned to you
- Machine press setup and general maintenance
- Prep (clean, coat) & burn screens
- Mix ink
Equipment you’ll work with:
- M&R Challenger Z — 14 color Auto
- Tas — 8 color Auto
- M&R Diamondback — 8 color Auto with digital controls
- M&R Chameleon — 6 Color Manual,
- Workhorse — 8 Color Manual
- Heat press — Hottronix Fusion & Hottronix Hat Press
You’ll be a fit for this job if:
- You are thoroughly knowledgeable in all aspects of screen printing: Cleaning, Coating, Burning, Ink Mixing, machine press set up and general maintenance/care
- You have 3-5 years of high end screen printing experience
- You are a self-starter and able to keep the press running
- You work well within a team environment
- You’re available M-F 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM
We would love if you have:
- Experience with Waterbase/Discharge
- Experience with Foil, Flock and heat transfers
Some of the AMAZING benefits:
- Competitive hourly rate
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- 13 days paid vacation (going up to 23 over time)
- Paid sick leave
- Up to $130/mth commuter benefit
- 403b retirement account
- A chance to positively impact youth interns
Interested in applying?
Candidates from a diversity of backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply. New Door Ventures is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Applications will be reviewed as they are submitted. Please send your resume and answers to the following questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
Answer the following questions in your response:
- Desired pay?
- Describe your experience with the following:
- Automatic press?
- Which models?
- Manual Press?
- Pre-press setup and prep?
- Screen stretching and prep?
- Ink Mixing?
- Automatic press?
- Have you worked with Waterbase/Discharge printing?
- What would make you a good fit with the company?
About Ashbury Images
Ashbury Images is a pioneering San Francisco social business. We started in the historic Haight Ashbury neighborhood in late 1980s with one manual screen press mounted on an apple crate in the basement of a care facility for homeless men. Three decades later we’ve grown significantly and our focus is still on using business enterprise to help provide training and opportunity in our community. Today, we operate in an 11,000 square foot facility in the Dogpatch neighborhood of San Francisco with its mix of artist studios, light industrial businesses, and trendy cafes and restaurants. We ship thousands of products per week such as custom screen printing, high quality embroidery, and promotional items for companies across the country. Our customers include national organizations such as Habitat for Humanity International, tech companies such as Mule Software and Workday, and local businesses such as Sports Basement and Anchor Steam Brewery.