Youth Access Point Program Coordinator
GENERAL DESCRIPTION: Under the supervision of the Employment Program Manager, the Youth Access Point Program Coordinator oversees processes related to enrolling transition-aged youth clients in the New Door Ventures Youth Access Point Program (YAPP). The YAPP is funded by San Francisco’s Department of Economic and Workforce Development, and this position provides administration, leadership and coordination required to successfully meet the goals of New Door’s YAPP services. The Coordinator is responsible for determining client eligibility, assessing client needs, facilitating paperwork and records, and providing services in accordance with the YAP contract. The Coordinator also participates in providing case management services for participants, and collaborates with other youth service providers to make appropriate referrals as needed.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Prefer a bachelor’s degree in a social service related field but will consider an associate’s degree with two to three years’ experience. Prefer experience in working with disadvantaged populations including eligibility determination and subsequent case management. Strong written, verbal and interpersonal skills required including conflict resolution and problem solving. Work independently and as a strong team member. Ability to use appropriate computer and reporting systems including Windows operating system and Microsoft Office Suite.
YOUTH ACCESS POINT PROGRAM PERFORMANCE
- As lead staff for the Youth Access Point Program services, assist in recruiting participants and providing program information.
- Develop and implement internal processes for identifying and enrolling youth participants.
- Provide basic career services as lead staff of the Youth Access Point Program such as determination of eligibility, outreach, intake, orientation to services, and initial assessment to determine the needs of the client.
- Provide job search, placement assistance, resume review, interview techniques, and career counseling where appropriate, in accordance with YAP contract.
- Identify clients for enrollment that meets required selection factors, including projected follow-up standards.
- Assess individuals in order to identify employment barriers and assist the client in overcoming these barriers to employment.
- Assist the client in developing a career plan for post-program engagement, including any additional training or skills upgrading.
- Arrange support services as necessary and provide appropriate follow-up services for individual clients.
- Meet and/or exceed performance expectations for all program operations.
- Maintain case files with proper verifications and service documentation, in accordance with the requirements of the YAPP contract.
- Submit performance reports as required and/or requested.
- Act as primary interface with San Francisco’s Office of Economic and Workforce Development department.
- Complete special projects as needed, and supports New Door’s broader intake and enrollment process.
Compensation will be in the mid $40s annually DOE along with our generous benefits.
Please send your resume and a thoughtful cover letter letting us know why you think you’d be a great addition to our team. Please include salary expectations in your cover letter. Submissions sent without a cover letter will not be considered. Email the resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the position to which you are applying in the subject line.
Candidates from a diversity of backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply. New Door Ventures is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Note: Applications will be reviewed as they are submitted. Due to the volume of inquiries that we receive we are not able to respond personally to every resume. We do review every submission carefully and will contact those that we would like to bring in for an interview.